The New Year has brought a lot of positivity and our young Columbans also start with a fresh outlook and unbeatable compassion
1) United for Human Rights Campaign
The Just-ED Society of St. Columba’s School organized a competition to spread awareness among the students about human rights and their value in the society. The results for the competition are as follows:
Md. Sami Ansari (11-D)
Short speech: -
1. Apaar Singh Chugh (11-A)
2. Noel Antony (11-C)
1. Shivain Anand (11-C)
2. Aaron Probha (12-C)
2) LOREM MUZICA - A MUSIC EVENT
A virtual Music Event themed, "Mental Wellness and Mental Health" was conducted by Convent of Jesus and Mary on 20th November, 2020. Eight schools from all over Delhi participated and were screened with their pre-recorded video clips in the first round. In the second and the final round, the participants were given the tune of a popular song and were asked to sing by changing the original lyrics of the song to make relevant to psychology based on mental wellness. The Alex Brothers, John(11B) and Steve (11E) secured second place and became 1st runner up in this Inter-school Music Competition.
3) BEHES- Debating Competition
Ansh Gupta - 11A, Abhinav Singh - 11C and Sambhav Sood - 11D, participated in online prestigious BEHES -10.0 competition as a team and came up as winners of the competition. BEHES is an online debate competition with teams from all over India. Our boys were declared to be the champions after 6 rounds of rigorous war of words and knockouts.
4) Suryansh Govind, student of 11-A, was invited to participate in the "8th Wealth Management Convention 2020" organized by the American Academy of Financial Management on 5th and 6th December 2020.Topics ranging from Fusion Analysis to Asset Allocation & Volatility Management, Suryansh actively discussed the strategies for Financial Wellbeing in the Corporate World. He was applauded by the host for his exemplary performance and financial knowledge.
5) Acting Justly- Edmund Rice International
Mrs. Grace David and Ansh Gupta of class 11-A completed their 4 months 'Acting Justly' course. It was organised by Edmund Rice International in the field of Advocacy Awareness. Christian Brothers, Sisters and Participants from all over the world came together and discussed how they can contribute to make this world a better place to live in for everyone. It was a very enriching experience.
6) Model United Nations
Shreyas Baksi of class 11 D participated in UN75 X SVIS organized by Sri Venkateshwara International school, Dwarka and was awarded the best position paper.
Shambhava Sood of class 11 D acted as a Chairperson in the First Edition of Parliamentarian MUN 2020 and got an LOR for the same.
7) Environment Olympiad 2020
Ansh Gupta of 11-A grabbed first prize for St. Columba's School in the Wise International Environment Olympiad. He also got a cash prize of Rs. 1000 for being the Topper of the competition. It was a great learning experience as gaining knowledge about sustainability is the need of the hour.
8. Ibrahim Haneef, class XI-C participated in a PowerPoint presentation contest organised by Indian Centre for Plastic in Environment and stood first in the northern region in the seniors category.