Dance is one of the most purest forms of art, it expresses all emotions along with the movement of the body. Dance has developed over thousands of years in various cultures across the world. India is believed to be the place where this art form originated from.
1. The Bharjatya Art & Culture Trust organized the "Malang dance competition" at Narsingh Seva Sadan, Pitampura to celebrate this art. Artists from various dance academies and schools in Delhi NCR participated in it. M.P. Manoj Tiwari was the chief guest of the competition.
The St. Columba's "Dance Society" participated in this event and secured first position. The members of the society are as follows:-
Kushagra Parashar, Gaurav Wadhawan, Saurabh Kashyap, Yatharth Dhingra, Shreyansh Jaimini, Biraag Prabhakar and Sulab Jaswal
2. The Symbiosis school, Noida organized a street play competition "Symphania" on the 20th of August. The topic for the play was to be on a social issue which is relevant to the status quo. The Theatre Society of St. Columba's enacted a play titled "The Life of a Farmer".
St. Columba's secured second position. The team included:-
Aryan Mehta, Sulab Jain, Aasis S. Katval, Yatharth Dhingra, Akshya Handa, Eklavya Gupta, Shreedhar Gupta, Kushar Chibber, Rishabh Deep Singh, Saubhagya Kumar and Avukt Gupta
3. The members of the St.Columbas school Dance society represented the school in Bosco Fiesta , Don Bosco School , Alakanand . The students displayed excellent moves and managed to secure The Special mention in the category of Hip – Hop routine.
The participants were Kushagra Parashar, Gaurav Wadhavan, Yatharth Dhingra, Sulabh Jaswal, Saurabh Kashyap, Biraag Prabhakar, Shreyansh Jamini and Dyrus Samion
4. The members of the St. Columbas “Dance Society” represented the school in SYMPHONIA’19 (Symbiosis centre for Management Studies) and displayed groovy moves along with great team spirit to secure the SECOND position in the category of group dance .
The participants were Kushagra Parashar, Gaurav Wadhavan, Saurabh Kashyap, Yatharth Dhingra, Sulabh Jaswal, Dyrus Samion, Birag Prabhakar and Shreyansh Jamini
5. Students of SCS participated in an event called “Stage Kraft” held at Sanskriti School, New Delhi and won the first position in the choreography event. The participants of the event were Kushagra Parashar, Gaurav Wadhawan, Saurabh Kashyap, Steve D’souza, Dyrus Samion, Viren Hemrajani, Biraag Prabhakar and Shreyansh Jaimini.