Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No Almosts!
a) English-speaking Competition
Amaan Lopez of grade 12 scored second position in the Goenkan Literazzi competition hosted by GD Goenka, Sarita Vihar on 22nd August. He participated in Tables Turn, an extempore event. Total 47 schools participated in this event.
b) Maths Competition
ARJARORA of Class 12 -C has won a silver medal in the CATHEDRAL MATHS COIT SINGH COMPETITION (all India competition) which was conducted on 1st of August.
c) Business Competitions
Adapting to the “new” present is what makes one unique and stand out from the crowd. Surely, business competitions are a great experience with knowledge being gained along with practical experiences. These programmes impact a student’s life in a short yet essential way.
1. Tanish Jain (11A) and Shaurya Garg (11A) participated in an interschool competition named ‘BULLAZI: the BPlan’ on the agenda “women safety and impediments”. There were a total of 34 teams and their team secured the first position at Maharaja Agrasen Public School.
2. After a week of speaking practice and coordination, Ansh Gupta & Suryansh Govind of St. Columba’s School participated in E-Combat 2020 organized by Commix Club, Ahlcon Public School in a business speech competition on the topic, Corporate Tax Cuts, Future of Banking and Future of Entrepreneurship and secured 2nd position in it.
3. One of the events that lifted the spirits of St Columba’s was the Koottneeti event - COMCONCLAVE organised by the prestigious Gyan Bharti School, where Devyaan Arora (11 A) and Kanav Dawar (12 A) secured the 2nd position.
d) Tech. Competitions
1. Filled with tech knowledge, the Microsoft Corporate Cabinet at the Annual Tech. Competition, Project Beta 4.0 at Sanskriti School was a fun-filled and challenging journey comprising of never-ending crises. Ansh Gupta of class 11 A secured second position in the Microsoft Corporate Cabinet Competition.
2. Karman Tikka of class 12 participated in Vasant Valley school’s FIFA Gaming Tournament and emerged victorious by scoring 55 goals in 8 matches. It was held on 23-24th August, where our extremely proficient Columban enjoyed the game and won it.