Job Description : Counsellor and Nurse w.e.f. 24th September '18 (Posted On: 25-08-18)
St. Columba’s School has a vacant position of counsellor and a vacant position for a nurse w.e.f. 24th September '18
Applicants who wish to apply for these posts, are requested to come and give their applications (with all necessary documents) in person to the Principal on 4th, 6th or 7th September '18 between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. only.
Qualifications for Counsellor: Diploma / Degree in Counselling
Qualifications for Nurse: Diploma / Degree in Nursing (min 2 yrs) – nurse preferably retired
Job Description : Project Coordinator - St. Columba’s School, Delhi (Posted On: 24-07-18)
About St. Columba’s School
St. Columba’s School is a Christian Brothers institution. It is widely known because of its prime location in the very heart of Lutyen’s Delhi and because of its long list of distinguished alumni. St. Columba’s, which began in 1941 with a small complement of 32 students, now has over 3400 students. The school is affiliated to The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
The vision for St. Columba’s School is to benefit from the diversity of its community in creating well-educated national and internationally - minded citizens imbued with a strong sense of the Divine and of justice towards the poor and the marginalized.
The mission of St. Columba’s School is to provide an excellent, well-rounded education through the medium of English, based on the norms and programmes laid down by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
St. Columba’s School believes that:
- Every student has an individual and a cultural set of experiences, skills and interests which must be considered in the teaching and learning process.
- A diverse student body enriches the school community and provides a wealth of experience and resources.
- A thorough education includes the development of the qualities of spirituality, compassion, tolerance, respect for the rights, religion and cultures of all people, the skills for the peaceful resolution of conflict and the development of environmental responsibility.
- School should prepare young people to provide leadership to meet the global challenges of the 21st century.
- School should foster an atmosphere of academic excellence and encourage intellectual inquiry and critical thinking.
- Achievement in the physical, expressive and creative arts is an essential part of a holistic education.
- The school is a community and social awareness, thoughtful interaction and effective communication among students, parents and staff is fundamental to its well-being.
Role: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Principal
Commencement: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Location: St. Columba’s School, Delhi
Timings: 7.30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Background: St. Columba’s School engaged The Hearth Education Advisors to conduct a detailed Education Audit of the School. The Education Audit led to a School Improvement Plan which consists of various educational projects such as Staff Appraisal System, Record Management System, Last Mile Programme, English as a second language, ERP usage, infrastructure management, Breakfast & Post-school study programme, Aspire Programme, classes by Avanti, etc. These projects are aimed at improving the academic outcomes for the school students, within the natural guidelines of its Mission and Brother Edmund Rice’s vision. To help lead this change programme under the direct guidance and direction of the Principal, the school is looking for an outstanding Project Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective implementation of infrastructure and educational development projects of the school, through assisting in project planning and monitoring time-lines/action plan.
- Ensure the success of infrastructure and educational development projects by tracking progress towards outcomes and thereby ensuring that the desired outcomes are achieved.
- In consultation with the Principal, the Community Leader, the Provincial Leadership Team, the Ministries Office, the School’s Core Committee, the Estate and Maintenance Managers, and the Finance Governing Board, plan for new infrastructure and educational development projects to be undertaken.
- Write monthly project reports on the progress of all infrastructure and educational development projects and submit the same to the Principal for forwarding to the necessary concerned parties. To enable him / her to do this the Project Coordinator must:
Take all necessary steps to ensure that he/she is in close communication with and aware of all the action steps and progress updates for each project
interact with those persons involved to get a clear understanding of what needs to be done, what had been done and what changes to the project, if any needs to be considered.
- To prepare the budget for each project, and to track actual expenditure against the budgets, and ensure timely payments to vendors and suppliers (through the school’s finance team).
- To suggest any amendments to the projected costs of a project and to bring this information, with rationale in writing, to the attention of the Principal.
- To ensure that at least 3 quotations are received for each major spending head for the project.
- To study quotations and check if the quotations are reasonable and as per the most competitive prices in the market, while at the same time ensuring quality is maintained.
- To keep the record of all invoices and payments and all records needed for the accounts department in connection with these projects and interact with the Principal / School Accountant (as directed by the Principal).
- To prepare the Agenda for the Finance Governing Board Meetings
- To write and maintain the minutes of the meetings of the Finance Governing Board.
- To methodically keep all documentation pertaining to the projects and their accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality of his/her work at all time and liaise with the Principal to determine who are the person(s) to whom information or data needs to be communicated regarding any or all projects.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience of managing educational projects for schools, non-profit organizations, or other educational establishments
- At least 5 years of educational and administrative experience.
Qualification: At least a Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university
- The applicant must have an engaging personality and should be able to build a rapport with the various stakeholders.
- The applicant must have the ability to effectively communicate with the various stakeholders.
- The applicant must be a team player and should be able to build healthy working relationships.
- The applicant must possess leadership qualities and project management skills.
- The applicant must have excellent computer skills, specifically in the ability to use the Internet, email, and normal MS Office applications.
- The applicant must be fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- The applicant must be energetic and healthy.