The vision for St. Columba’s School is to benefit from the diversity of its community in creating well-educated national and internationally - minded citizens imbued with a strong sense of justice towards the poor and the marginalized.
The mission of St. Columba’s School is to provide an excellent, well-rounded education through the medium of English, based on the norms and programmes laid down by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
St. Columba’s School believes that:-
- Every student has an individual and a cultural set of experiences, skills and interests which must be considered in the teaching and learning process.
- A diverse student body enriches the school community and provides a wealth of experience and resources.
- A thorough education includes the development of the qualities of compassion, tolerance, respect for the rights, religion and cultures of all people, the skills for the peaceful resolution of conflict and the development of environmental responsibility.
- School should prepare young people to provide leadership to meet the global challenges of the 21st century.
- School should foster an atmosphere of academic excellence and encourage intellectual inquiry and critical thinking.
- Achievement in the physical, expressive and creative arts is an essential part of a holistic education.
- The school is a community and social awareness, thoughtful interaction and effective communication among students, parents and staff is fundamental to its well-being.